Audition Notice: This America!
Posted by carmen on Nov 15, 2016
AUDITIONS: This America!
Monday and Tuesday December 5 & 6 at 5:30pm
Looking for singer/dancer/actors to be in the first ever MUSICAL Magic Theatre production – an original work written and directed by Jim Achilles.
This America! is a fun, fast-paced look at why America is such a great county. It humorously delves into our country’s divisions and foibles, including our selfish love of attention and our infatuation with trivial things. It teaches that our country will only move forward as we agree to work together and focus on the good things we have in common. The music is a mix of pop, show, county, hip-hop, and jazz, with a little rap thrown in for good measure. The show includes eight songs. All performers are on stage throughout the length of this one-act show.
Rehearsals are Monday-Thursday 5:30-7pm; starting right after auditions and going until the show opens. There may be additional rehearsals as required.
Performances are Saturdays; January 28, February 4 & 11
All cast members are on stage all the time. All must sing as a part of the chorus.Looking for actors age 9 and up.
1. Jimmie Dremmel – Late night TV talk show host. Funny. Slick. Dressed in a suit. Age 13 and up. Boy.
2. Sidekick – Jimmie’s announcer, cue card holder, and commenter. Age 13 and up. Must be quick, articulate, and comfortable communicating with the audience. Boy or girl.
3. Uncle Sam – Embodiment of our country. Dressed in red, white, and blue. Top hat. Played by an adult male with a good sense of both sobriety and physical humor.
4. Doctor – Dressed in a suit. Any age. Boy or girl.
5. AC1 – Ambulance Crew Member 1. Dressed in scrubs. Carries a medical bag or tool box. Any age. Boy or girl.
6. AC2 – Ambulance Crew Member 2. Dressed in scrubs. Carries a stethoscope around neck. Any age. Boy or girl.
7. Reporter – Annoying, ever present, fast talking, picture taking stereotype of a nosy reporter. Must have a camera. Wears a fedora with “PRESS” card in the band. Any age. Boy or girl.
8. Audience Member 1 – Any age. Boy or girl. Must be able to project and command attention.
9. Audience Member 2 – Any age. Boy or girl. Must be able to project and command attention.
10. Audience Member 3 – Any age. Boy or girl. Must be able to project and command attention.
11. The Vice President – Dressed in a suit. Any age. Boy or Girl. Is on stage the whole time but only says one word. Must be able to communicate well with body language and expression.
12. Camera Man – Any age, boy or girl.
13. Skip Newman (the Man-On-The-Street Reporter – Conducts brief interviews with passers-by. Any age. Boy or girl. Must have “Camera Presence” and good ability with a microphone.
14. Man on the Street #1– Any age, Boy or girl. Must project.
15. Man on the Street #2– Any age, Boy or girl. Must project.
16. Man on the Street #3 – Any age, Boy or girl. Must project.
CHORUS MEMBERS: Singers of all ages who make up the studio audience on the “Jimmie Dremmel Show.” On stage all the time. Must memorize 8 songs with moderate choreography. Responsible for staged reactions and activities.
DANCERS: Six chorus members who can perform a significant dance routine during one of the songs. Requires extra rehearsals. Any age, boy or girl, but must be able to follow instructions and memorize choreography.